Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years

January 1st.  Time for resolutions.  Except for the fact that I don't like making resolutions when it's so cold, dark at 5 and wet.  Worst time ever to say, "Hey, I think I'll start exercising every day."  Or "Hey, I think I'll start eating my vegetables and fruits again"  Let's just not.  That stuff needs to be saved for the spring.  Especially if said exercising and better eating will induce weight loss.  Who needs weight loss in the winter when you're wearing long sleeves to cover your arms, jeans to cover your legs and a cute scarf to distract from any growing belly?  No one.  Carry on and eat more left-over Christmas goodness.

But you know what I am going to do?  I am going to start writing.  Every day.  For myself.  Funny thing, though, is that it's not so much fun to make a good story if no one is around to read it.  And also, another funny thing, is that writing doesn't do a person much good if they can't write what they're feeling because someone may just read it.  Huh.  I'll take the audience and if the audience doesn't like where it's going, they can skip it.

Last night we had a party.  We watched Wreck it Ralph (not that good, but there have been worse) with Alaska.  She sat through all but the last 15 minutes.  Win!  We ate pizza and drank soda because everyone knows it's that combination that makes a true party.  We were all finished up by 7:00 and since it was dark outside and we've had a couple of late nights the past week we called it a day and put Alaska to bed.  I stayed up reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.  Also not that good, but when you're reading everything by said author, you gotta read everything!  The other three books I have read by him have been stellar, I am letting this one slide.  I predict it will take a week to get through, the other three I read in a couple days each.

Got bored with reading around 8:30 and went to sleep.  Steven stayed up looking at gun stuff.  'Cause that's what boys do, I guess?

This morning Steven went up to his parent's house to shoot his gun and came back down when it was time for us to go to the church for a game of volleyball.  AND THEN I find out he didn't even do any shooting!  3 hours and no shooting and no spending time with me.  Makes me REALLY mad.  AND THEN he leaves early from the volleyball game to help his dad with tires (which is fine, helping out is awesome, but I don't like how it couldn't wait another hour) AND THEN he takes off to go shoot his gun again.  I am so mad I don't even care and I say, "Two hours" which turned into three and now I am mad again.

It's just 1) the volleyball game was his idea 2) I didn't really want to go 3) He leaves first and 4) I have to be with Alaska all day, all by myself.  Sucky.  Tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment