Wednesday, January 29, 2014

28, 29

28 - Almost one month done of writing every single day.  No, not writing every single day.  Writing about every single day.  It's been hard but I like looking back and seeing all that work.  And I will like it even more when I go back next December and see 12 months all lined up with 20+ blog entries for each month.  It will feel amazing!

Steven got off work early and wanted to go shoot his gun up at his parent's house.  Which is fine.  Not my idea of a good time, but whatever.  I don't love going up there, as I would rather be at my own house fixing my own dinner and doing my own stuff but we got into a little bit of a fight about it because I sometimes feel like I am so directly boring to him.  And I can't help it.  Every idea I had for spending the evening together was shut down.  No adventures anywhere.  And I am dying for an adventure right now.  A good story.  Something to the equivalent of looking for jo-jos at 9pm or going through the drive-through and asking for a quadruple burger.  Finding a good treasure like a couch or table.  Something with a good story.  So I cried and he made me feel better and he still left but brought back pizza for dinner.  And a secret between you and me?  I make WAY better pizza crust than Papa Murphys.  My white crust beats them out of the water and even my wheat crust can stand its own just by merely being wheat and being healthier.  But I didn't want to wait for dough to rise and I didn't want to make a flour mess so I let Steven bring pizza home.  And we ate off paper plates because all the dishes were clean.  Yeah.  I am that backwards.  I like having all the dishes put away in their cupboard homes and just tossing paper plates once in awhile just so that there are no dishes to do, what so ever.

29 - We're having a boy!  Which I knew.  I totally called that!  I've already got boy clothes and have plans to get more.  I am also on the hunt for a cute bed sheet.  Because bed sheets get seen a lot that first year.  And even all the time, actually, so I want a cute one.  No solid colors for me.  I want a design.

We can't decide between Orson and Talmage for names and didn't even bother coming up with any girl names because I was so sure it was going to be a boy.  And just so I can call it.  The next baby will be a boy and the baby after that will be a girl.  Sticking to my guns on this one.

Already Steven said "Talmage" to someone who isn't Mormon and they were all like, "What?  What is that?"  And so he's pretty insecure about it already.  I don't really care.  I love it.  And I love the man's writings.  And we'll just have to live in Utah where people will 'get it'.  Decided and done.  So I have decided to tell people, yes, we have a name, but no, we aren't telling.  Because I don't need anyone talking us out of our names.  Those things are hard to come up with!

We took Alaska with us to the ultrasound.  Which, from other people's experiences with their kids,  have been disasters and I thought one more time about getting a sitter for her.  I am so glad we didn't.  She loved every minute of it.  She was so interested in the jelly they put on my belly and so interested in the tv that showed a baby and loved pointing at the baby.  She tuned out a little to read a story and when the doctor was looking at the feet we showed her and she got so excited and pointed to her own feet and kept exclaiming 'feet, feet'  It was absolutely darling.  She did well through the whole thing and I am so glad we took her.

We were up at the OHSU campus and rode the air tram and she loved that just as much.  The conductor man at the bottom gave her a sticker and that was the most important object to her for the remainder of the trip.  She loved looking out at all the cars and over the river at the boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment