Tuesday, January 28, 2014

24, 25, 26, 27

It's been a few slow, empty days for us around here.  But I like it that way.  It makes me antsy to get out and do.  The pressure builds up a little instead of constantly being drained.

24 - friday...  I am pretty sure it was just a quiet day at home.  Oh, I remember why it was important.  Because it was the first day all week that I felt 'ok'.  No headache, no stomach ache and no other problems.  I cleaned up the house and vacuumed and that felt really good.

25 - Saturday.  Went to the baby shower with Brittany.  Dropped Alaska off at my mom's house and met Brittany at the Scappoose movie theater to car-pool in together.  We got there early since Brittany needed to set up her game supplies and help with decorations and stuff.  I blew up and hung balloons with her sister.  The shower was fun and I am pretty sure everyone had a good time.

We went to Panda Express afterwards and instead of running up to get Alaska from my mom's I went to Winco and did some much needed grocery shopping.  I loaded up in the frozen food isle with a bag of every kind of prepared meal they had to offer and a few extra bags of frozen vegetables to add to the meals.  It's what a girl's gotta do if a girl's gonna eat while pregnant.  If it takes longer than 5 minutes to make  you can bet that I've already looked at it too long and won't be eating it.

Ran up and got Alaska and Steven was able to go with me.  Usually it's just me running her back and forth or staying to hang out a little bit and it was nice to have him there.  My mom made dinner for us and it was so delicious!  Parmesan chicken with red potatoes in garlic with a salad on the side.  Definitely something I can't replicate right now but have plans to, soon.

26 - 1:00 church and I do not get along.  By the time 1 comes around I don't feel like going to church.  Even though it is nice to have the day 'be done' when we get home.  The car was acting weird on our way home from my parents so Steven took it up to his parents' house to work on it a little.  I couldn't stand leaving the house again, let alone as soon as we walked in the door, and Alaska and I spent the evening together.

27 - The first day of anything normal in a long time.  I have a chore list on the fridge with something on it each day because I was going crazy during the summer.  And by crazy I mean cleaning the bathroom twice in a week and vacuuming every day (I still vacuum every day) and feeling totally useless if the bedrooms were a wreck.  And then feeling like I couldn't go and do anything until everything was done.  So I made my list so that when one thing was done I could feel good about it and know that it was done and I didn't need to worry about the rest of it because over the course of the week it will get done.

Mondays are bathroom cleaning day.  Alaska washed the mirror until the windex ran out and I didn't even bother her about it.  She is quite good at cleaning up after herself and I didn't even have to teach her that.  She just picked up on it.  She loves squirting the windex bottle and wiping with her own rag, which she ran and got by herself when she saw I was cleaning the bathroom.

I even cleared out the dresser that we'll use for the baby.  Mostly because everything else is already clean.  We keep a tidy ship around here.  I didn't empty it but I did go through it and clear out the junk and organize the stuff that's in there.  I don't know where we'll put everything that's in there but we'll find a place, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment