Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 9th

All caught up.  That feels nice.  On the agenda today is my first doctor appointment to hear this little one's heart beat.  Hopefully they'll have an ultrasound available but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.  The 20 week apt will have to cover that.

Did A LOT of errands today.  It took us a little time to get started because I forgot that in order to print those awesome posters that I had to have a jump drive.  Which I knew I had seen kind of lately, but really had no idea where.  45 minutes later after dumping two dresser drawers into boxes a I frantically shuffled through stuff I emerged from Alaska's room triumphant.  I had also checked the car, the kitchen cupboard and each drawer of three dressers.  Only two of those drawers proved too big of a mess to try shuffling stuff from one side to the other.  I definitely need to clear those out.

Got her posters printed and they turned out darling!  I am so excited to put them up.  Cost me $15 each but they'll be used a lot.

Mailed a couple of packages, one including the hair that I cut off to donate to locks of love.  I never even measured it.  'Cause when I opened the bag to pull it out I just about puked.  Something about hair not attached to anything and pregnancy does not mix well.  But I am sticking with 11.5 inches.  And the poor lady could have cut off another inch but she was beyond nervous and as I sat there, she told me, "You know, once I cut it, it's really hard for me to put it back on."  So I let her cut it where she was comfortable and then three weeks later went to another place and had them cut another inch off and shorten the back by two inches.  Much cuter now and not so frumpy.

The other package was a book someone had mentioned wanting to read on facebook and I happened to have a copy of it.  It was a one-time-read for me so I hapilly shipped it off, glad that it would have another read out of it instead of just sitting on my shelf.

Dropped off a bag of stuff at the senior thrift store and then ran over to one of the young women's houses and dropped off another bag of just clothes.

Almost thought about stopping at Houlton Bakery for some lunch but Alaska was yawning in the back seat and I knew I should get a move-on since if I made her go down any later than 12:30 her nap would slide into the time when we were supposed to getting in the car to go to this appointment.  I am dropping her off at Tamera's pre-school on the way through scappoose and then will pick her up at the house.

And that's the day so far.  It's so exciting!  This birthday stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment