Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jan 2nd

We do things a little backwards around here.  When Alaska takes a bath it's after breakfast and a soggy night-time diaper.  We wait to do hair until after nap because two hair-dos in one day can be tiring.  And why do hair if we're just staying home?

I LOVE Valentine's Day.  I love the feel good "I love yous" and the pink and red and the glitter and my favorite used to be decorating Valentine boxes for school.  Planning Alaska's birthday party for this month will tide me over for Valentine's.  So glad I have a little girl who doesn't mind if I use lots of pink on her special day.  Someday that will change, but for now, it's a pink day.

Things to get:
party hats for her, guests, and her little friends (I should call them the dynamic trio.  When we have to round up the specials for naptime and bedtime I can more often than not find them all together having a joyride in the baby stroller)

cake or cupcakes.  Still not sold on either, but I figure while pictures and cuteness are the priority we need to use it to our advantage.  As opposed to some yummy food and games for teenagers and building memories out of birthday craziness when the cake can be slapped together with some frosting and sprinkles because it won't be the crowning jewel of the event.

balloons - pink with curly ribbons to tie to chairs

birthday outfit.  Every girl needs some ruffles to wear.

It was been a quandery as to when we should do our birthday party, but after a look at this list, we should definitely do a day when I can be at home and gathering everything up.  I'll send out memos for Friday, the 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment