Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 6,7, 8th

Where did I leave off.  Monday.

6th:  It was a long day.  In fact, they've all been kind of long lately.  Alaska's nap cut things in half nicely, but it always seems there are more hours to fill after her nap and before Steven gets home than there are from when she wakes up to when I put her down for a nap.  Honestly though, the hours are the exact same.  4 on each side.  The first 4 hours I spend cleaning and organizing and making breakfast.  Then a two hour break and afterwards the house is clean, Alaska doesn't eat a very much lunch so we usually have fruit and yogurt, and then I have 3 hours and 45 minutes to kill.  And I really do mean kill.  Absolutely murder.  They are the worst of the whole day.  Mostly because I am worn out by that time and there's nothing much left to do inside since it's been cleaned top to bottom.  Except lately.  Lately I can only get one little thing done and usually that's just picking up and vacuuming because if my floors aren't clean than nothing is clean.

I did start back on my Feel Great in 8 plan.  A new competition starts next week.  I am not participating this time around, but I thought I would practice anyway.  It's not so bad to eat healthy, really, and I have found that any white grain really kind of grosses me out.  Brown and wheat really aren't that bad and it's an easy enough change that makes me feel like I am conquering the world.  The down-side is that I can no longer enjoy a piece of retail pizza or burger because of the white flour used.  Tragic, I know.  I am making up my own rules as I practice, though.  One, I am not going to beat myself up to go exercise if it's raining.  Not worth it as this point.  And two, I am not going to beat myself up for eating anything that's not on the plan like junk food and white grains.  It's hard enough to make dinner and find something I am willing to eat.  Basically, if it takes longer than 5 minutes to make, you can bet I am not going to eat it.  I've already looked at it too long after that and can't fathom putting it down.  We've been eating a lot of box dinners and frozen dinners.  And that's ok.  It's better than going out to McDonalds all the time.

We made it out for a walk that went longer than I anticipated and it became too dark to be out without reflective gear.  We took the liberty of hiding out at the library until Steven got off work to come and get us.

7th: It was a nothing kind of day.  I never changed out of my sweatpants and sweatshirt and never got around to putting a bra on.  Alaska and I made it out for a walk between rain showers and she loved stomping in the puddles with her boots.  We didn't have the stroller so she walked the whole hour and ten minutes we were out there.  She's quite the trooper.  Unfortunately she's had a case of runny poo and didn't tell me she was stinky.  We got back to the house and her bum was red all over and starting to bump like little blisters were going to form.  I slapped some vaseline on and after a lot of crying she calmed down as I rubbed it in and told her how much better it was going to feel.

Had a presidency meeting for young womens that night and walked out the door with no make-up, no bra, no scarf and a little bit of a head ache.  I like presidency meetings better that are held to a dead-line because we hold them right before an activity or church or something but this one was at 8:00 pm on a Tuesday night.  No one had anywhere to go and so we all stayed and chatted until 10:30.  I was quiet and just did my best to hang on.

8th:  It's already been a long day and we're only half-way through.  I didn't get up until 9 and felt guilty the whole time letting Alaska watch her t.v. shows.  I know I am not the worst mom and I know that I don't usually let her do that but it still felt horrible knowing her brains were getting eaten out.  Made an omelette for breakfast and Alaska didn't even ask 'what's this' when she was chewing up onion and bell pepper in her egg.  She just snarfed it down.

Made a few more birthday plans and a few more 'getting out and doing' plans.  I am looking at gender neutral nurseries on pinterest right now.  Something I should have realized with the first baby, "This is the one and only time you will be able to decorate a room without having to worry about two people sharing it.  Go all out and make it as unique as you want."

Alaska's room right now is still red, teal and pink but I don't see it lasting into childhood like I had hoped.  We're going to move again.  That means more change and if everything is changing, why not change the colors, too?  Or the addition of a baby boy into a little girl's room.  How do you do that and make it look good with the size of the room we are working with?  I have no idea, but I am going to give it a shot.  If I ever get the energy.  Oh, and I really have no idea if the baby is a boy or not, I suppose.  No real proof, even though I am fairly certain.  Even if it's a girl, her colors aren't supposed to be modern like Alaska's.  I already know this next girl is going to be a little more history-bound and I was planning on doing vintage pastels with some architecture mixed in.  So, either way, the red, teal and pink are going to have to move on.  Just how quick?

I have a friend from elementary school who is doing her baby girl's room with the same color theme and it would be just so easy to hand down the few decorations I have collected with the colors to her.  1) I know they would be used for a couple more years at least 2) I wouldn't have to worry about finding any more red, teal and pink things.  You have no idea how hard that was.  If I had known how hard I don't know if I would have started.  So I know this friend of mine would really appreciate it because I know how much I appreciated it when people found the colors I loved so much all together.

I really like the idea of neutral colors to please a boy and add some lace to please a girl.  But everything like that seems to babyish.  And too drab.  I don't really know what I am going for, I guess, but I don't dare pin anything for fear that I tip everyone off that we've got another baby on the way.  A baby bump has started to appear after a meal and I have my first appointment tomorrow.  Not with the doctor though, with his assistant.  I don't know how that works, but if I waste my time going in for them to tell me that I am in for a pap smear and a pee test I am going to be livid.  I just had one done not even 6 months ago.  I want an ultra-sound and a date set up for the 20 week ultra sound.






No comments:

Post a Comment