Monday, January 13, 2014

12th and 13th

Went to our first week of 1:00 church and it was absolutely just as miserable as everyone had said it would be.  Lucky for us Alaska is super amazing and I put her down for a nap at 11 instead of 12 and she slept until 12:45 when we woke her up to go.  I had her bathed and dressed before I put her down and I only needed to slip a headband over her hair to make it look cute enough.  I don't think we'll get that lucky every week.

The ward had asked the YW to sing during sacrament for ward conference which was today.  It went fine, besides the fact that we had all the confident music readers on one side of the pulpit and the rest of us on the other side.  Somehow that happened and it was weird because you could totally tell that our side was kind of echoing the other side since we didn't know when to come in and when to stop, lol.  Comical I guess, lol, next time we'll do better at splitting the girls up.

Dominique's grandma was doing a surprise birthday dinner for her so we left right after church to get there at 4:30.  We had Hawaiian haystacks and I gave her a ticket to Mindy Gledhill (who is coming to St Helens!!!  To play at the columbia theater!!!) and some candy.  She'll never suspect the surprise I have for her for her actual birthday.  Balloons and cupcakes that I am taking to the school on Tuesday when I go to another basketball game and will leave in my mom's classroom for the next day.  I am really excited about it.

While we were there we (John and me and my dad and Domo) played a marble game similar to Sorry! but with less mercy.  It was really fun mostly because we had an audience cheering us on and because I learned the art of speaking to the dice.  It really does work!

13th
Today has been a quiet day.  Nothing on the calendar and Steven came home at lunch to leave me the car.  One of the young women have been sick for about a week now and I am just finding time to take balloons and a couple of books over for her.  I know I should have done that a long time ago but I just learned that she was taken to the er on wednesday on saturday and that she has a doctor appointment today.  News just travels slow but I am glad that I know so that I can take something over for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment