Monday, January 6, 2014

Jan 4th and 5th

To finish up January 3rd, Alaska and I went up to 185th to do some birthday shopping for her.  I had a $10 kohls buck to spend and was excited to find something that I may not otherwise spend it on.  A hour at Kohls left me empty-handed and I walked out of the store with nothing.  I couldn't find anything that I liked.  Nothing.  It was ridiculous.

I knew Target would be better because I already had in mind what I was going for since I had seen it just before Christmas.  But of course, it was sold out of the exact size I needed.  And I am no good at putting outfits together.  After 30 minutes of trying to match leggings with skirt with shirt I couldn't handle my own indecisiveness and grabbed a dress and some gray leggings.  We paraded around the toy isle for another half hour, Alaska pushing a plastic shopping cart and stopping to push buttons and touch things.  I left the cart at the end of the isle so that I could follow her close and not worry about getting stuck behind anyone.  It was fun and we were both ready to go at about the same time, after I bribed her with gummy snacks.

Jan 4th.  Satuday.  It's hard to blog when you're not home.  We went up to my mom's house for the day.  I made sure to gather up the dynamic trio so they would be available come nap time.  The diaper bag packed and Alaska dressed we set off with a change of clothes and rubber boots.  Going out to the country takes a little extra preparation.  As soon as we walked through the door Alaska was asking to swing and her and Nana took a trip outside.  I stayed inside and made up a doctor appointment for myself and one for Steven.

John came down and we made up a lunch of grilled cheese and hot chocolate.  That boy can make a good hot chocolate!  It was definitely the highlight of my day.  Alaska took a nap and I read a book and slowly drifted into my own nap sitting next to the fire.  I was still asleep when she woke up and didn't even realize what was going on until they were headed out the door for a walk.  I slipped off again and woke up later with a stomach ache.  Too long without any snackies.  Made myself some cheese-and-chips (my ultimate comfort food) and was just finishing up when they got home.

For dinner we had some delicious enchiladas and ate for about a hour and a half as we talked and laughed and had a good time around the table.  John and I had watched an episode of 91210 and after dinner we watched the first two episodes of Baby Daddy.  I don't know if he thought it was as funny as I did, since I had roommate experience and could appreciate the jokes a little more.  I have followed the whole show and absolutely love it.

Jan 5th  Sunday.
We now have 1:00 church.  Yuck to the ultimate yuck.  Daddy's birthday was over the week and we were having Sunday dinner up there.  When  you get out of church at 4 it doesn't take much to make a short evening.  We took the liberty of driving out to Rainier for church to enjoy their 10 o'clock meeting schedule.  It was nice to come "home" but St Helens first has definitely become our home ward and I missed it a little.  We went to gospel essentials for class and it was absolutely packed.  An investigator was there that Steve knew from work and I was glad we could be there for him.

The rest of the day was spent with family and it felt good.  Grandma Graff came out and brought some Christmas with her since she had been with other family during the holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment