Monday, January 13, 2014

11th

Alaska had stayed the night at Tamera's while we were on our date and I went and picked her up the next morning and hung out until I needed to leave for our next adventure.

Dropped Alaska off with my mom on my way to Longview to a painting workshop.  It's a lady that has a little shop on commerce and sells chalk paint as part of her shop.  She also lets people come in and paint their projects with her supplies and charges them a flat fee.  That's my kind of awesome!

Her workshop included a few things to do with chalk paint, which is a lot!  I had no idea it was so versatile and could be used for so much.  We were all given a paint brush to use (which was SO amazing, best paint brush ever!) and three pieces of molding.  We chose one dark, one light and one of our favorite colors to squirt out on our paper to work with.  Wendy then instructed us on how what colors to use and we tried a few different techniques.  It really turned out amazing and I was so completely in awe how different the colors became between the treatments we did on them.  I signed up for the 201 class and am really excited to give it a try.  I signed up for this class when I was painting our kitchen table and still have a few other projects to do that I could definitely benefit from with not having to buy a quart of paint to have hanging around and it would be fun to experiment with a few of the ideas we were taught on things that I am not totally attached to.  I am so excited!

Alaska had been at the school watching John's basketball game and after I dropped by Pizza Hut for some lunch I ran up there just in time to watch Dominique's game.

*Side note about Pizza Hut.  I LOVE that place.  And I can't quite place why.  Maybe it's because it's the first pizza I ever had since they do a lot with schools and getting kids to read and once you get your chart filled up then you can go get your own personal pizza for free.  So it's got some sentimental feelings to it.  As I sat waiting for my pizza I remember back in the day when that restaurant used to be smoking and no smoking.  I never noticed it before, but looking at it now, who cares if you're sitting on the smoking or non-smoking side?  There really wasn't anything but a wall barrier that didn't even go up to the ceiling.  So ridiculous, lol.  We would go with a family that had a boy my age and we had a lot of fun eating our pizzas together.

I studied my pizza as I ate it and it definitely has a different kind of cheese than most that I love a lot and also their crust much be cooked with butter on the pan or something because it wasn't overly greasy, although there was some oil or butter or something on the bottom that kept it from being too dry.  Also, the crust has little holes in it.  A much more 'airy and light' crust than some other places and I think that says a lot about why I love it so much.  I should have gotten a medium pizza 'cause I could have kept eating and eating that thing.  But I'll know for next time.  Mostly I just wanted it done quickly because of my time.

I was exhausted that night when we got home and put Alaska to bed at 7 because she fell asleep in the car on the way home from the games and I snuck into bed right after her.  Steven went a boy movie by himself and I tried to sleep but my stomach wasn't up for it and needed some coke to calm it down.  Which is weird, but it's probably the caffeine.  It helps with headaches, too, when tylenol doesn't quite do the job.  Only, it's only coke that will work.  The rest of the sodas are too sweet.  And the coke has a cinnamon smell that I breathe in deep before each swallow that helps calm my stomach.  Too weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment