Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 9 - 10

March 9th -

Steven stayed home from church and slept most of the morning.  I took Alaska to my 12:00 presidency meeting and she did absolutely fantastic.  She colored and drew and ate fruitsnacks like a champ.  We were in the chapel early so we were sure to get 'our spot' and she did fantastic the whole way through.  I honestly feel for mommas who have girls first and don't know what a child is really like.  I think I remember my brothers all too vividly and am absolutely amazed and grateful for Alaska's awesomeness at being quiet and still.  I know I have it coming for me.  But I won't stop enjoying what I have right now in fear of the future.  Even though that as the days get closer to use meeting Talmage my heart has begun to beat a little bit faster with anxious nervousness.  How in the world will I deal?

She loves nursery and always has.  We've never had to leave her crying at the door and it's hard enough to get a kiss off her before she's off holding hands with one of the other kids or picking out her doll-of-the-day.  On our way home she gave me the most grown-up toddler look she could muster and said, "No way" when I asked her to buckle up her seat-belt.  It was absolutely hillarious and we both laughed at the silliness of it as she buckled her seat.  "Alaska, you are so funny," I say.  "Aska bunny.  Me.  Bunny," She says.  And passes the compliment on, "Momma.  Bunny."  And we laughed some more.  I love that little girl so so so much.

We had plans to go up to the Barnes' for dinner and I really didn't want to cancel.  Thank goodness Steven didn't want to either and got dressed as quickly as he could when we came in the door.  We had crepes and breakfast casserole for dinner, afterwards looking at prom dresses.

March 10th -

Steven stayed home from work and Alaska and I went ahead and went to music class.  We were nearly the only ones there that day.  I don't understand why a parent would sign up for something like music class and then not come?  Seems like a hassle to do a make-up.

Had a doctor appointment.  One of the last monthly ones.  It seems to have gone so smoothly I have barely noticed there's a baby there for the past long while.  Which is sooo nice.  Everyone has started asking, since it's now obvious there's a baby bump, how I am feeling.  And then hardy har har, "Feeling pregnant?"  Well, I'll let you know.  I felt more pregnant when I was puking my guts into the toilet twice a day than I do now.  So hardy har har back at you.  I feel normal and awesome and so excited about life.  Especially when I can remember to take my vitamin D with my other vitamins.

Back to the doctor appointment.  I am 24 weeks and measuring 23.  Not surprising.  Still holding those babies close.  I never got huge with Alaska, either.  I always wanted to be one of those ladies that just pops it all out the front like a basketball.  No muffin tops or love handles, all baby right out the front.  Not that lucky.  I seem to grow a little rounder rather than ovaler.  But I haven't gained as much weight as I did with Alaska... yet.  I feel like it's going to be a little more tricky to keep it off these next few months than it has in the past.  I am eating more and all that because I feel so good.

There was a lady resident following my usual man doctor and I totally understand why I love having a man.  They're much more 'business and let's get you out of here' where as the lady was more interested in how I was feeling and asked follow-up questions to almost every answer I gave her.  Took longer than I wanted but it was nice to feel cared about.  But I think I am more all about being efficient and getting on my way than I care about talking about feelings and what's going on in life and all that.  I mean, how well do you need to know a person to drop a baby in their hands?

Got out of there late, like I said, and hustled over to get my finger-prints taken for my substitute license.  Jordan was coming over at 4:30 to work on an English paper and I needed to get back.  Thank goodness fingerprints don't take too long and I was able to make it back just in time.

Jordan and I worked on her paper for about about 2 hours.  1 1/2 of it being actual writing and half hour of it being coming up with ideas and topics and looking at examples.  The teacher has assigned an I Believe paper and I loved reading the examples we looked at.  Brilliant.  They are so short but so moving and loaded with thought.  We went over the grading criteria and made sure that we found the same elements in each of the papers we read and then made hers a perfect example of everything she needed to get a good grade.  I told her to re-write her rough draft and give me a kind of final copy on Sunday so that I could look over it and make any needed changes.  She worked good and hard and it was absolutely awesome to have something to show for it at the end.  I took her home after she had loaded me up with compliments about how easy I had made it become and how she was so relieved to get it done and how I should definitely be a teacher.  If only she knew.  My classroom management skills lack a lot, lol.  I can handle working one-on-one but I am pretty much scarred from student teaching.  As much as my cooperating teacher tried to help me and gave me literature to read about classroom management I am still a little nervous about that part.


No comments:

Post a Comment