Thursday, March 6, 2014

February 25th - 28th

February 25th -

I know I was at the gym at 9:30 in the morning to be ready for yoga at 10:15.  Which never happened because I forgot to check the schedule, but there is no yoga at 10:15.  I used the eliptical for 45 minutes and called it good.  I have it down to an art now.  If I go 60 rpm I can do a 12 minute mile.  Which is a 6 minute half mile and I feel pretty good about that.  I push myself hard to make sure I make my miles and my times add up and sometimes the last minute or so I am going 64 or so to make my miles add up in time to keep up with my minutes.  It feels good and gets my heart rate up.  Which is a big step from the first times I started the eliptical and was done pushing myself at 50 rpm.  I think it helps that I took my I-pod filled with some Bastille and Train.

Goodness knows what I did the rest of the day.  Maybe I just stayed home and cleaned or something?  Getting my groove back on from the week before when I ran from the house like an escaped zoo animal.

February 26th -

Alaska woke up with a fever.  She hadn't had any other problems but that fever hit and all of sudden she was coughing hard enough to puke when combined with some crying.  No runny nose, just super stuffy and she keeps poking her finger up there to un-stuff it.  I don't blame her.  I am sure it will start running in due time.  We spent the whole day at home and I nearly went crazy.  To think, just a few short weeks ago, that was my life every day.  Staying at home.  I downloaded some learning aps on the Ipad and now consider myself a mom of the technical era.  Instead of learning colors by me pointing to blocks and color crayons and other such things, Alaska will be learning her colors via tap the blue balloon and other such nonsense.  But she loves it and she always gets them right, even if when we're in the bathtub she can't show me a purple foam seahorse as opposed to the orange shark.  We're still working on applying I suppose.

February 27th -

Kind of a weird day.  I had a play date planned for that morning and took Alaska's temperature before we left to make sure she didn't have a fever.  She didn't and off we went, me hoping she wouldn't cough up an organ while we were there.  She's gotten really, really  good at covering her mouth when she coughs or sneezes with her elbow.  Which gives me hope.  If an organ did come flying out of her mouth at least it's going to be muffled in her elbow instead of splattered all over the carpet.

Our playdate was with Arora, who's family we had over for our Sunday game night.  Her mom is easy to talk to and she has a little brother who's just crawling and it was an enjoyable two hours that we spent there playing and talking.

We went home for a short nap and had to be at the church at 1:45 for a visiting teaching interview.  This is the first time I had ever heard of such a thing and I was a little less than willing to go.  I am fine talking over the phone.  But I decided, what they heck, give those relief society ladies a break and just show up for them.  So I did and we talked about the ladies I visit and the baby I am carrying and I got a loaf of fresh baked bread for showing up.  I very much appreciated that.

From the church we took a trip up to Winco in Hillsboro.  That is where we do all our big shopping (as in, anything more than 5 items) because Safeway can rob you blind.  I am most positive they charge twice as much as Winco.  It's a little bit of a drive but definitely worth the $100 I am sure I am saving.  Alaska did so well.  Amazingly well.  It was actually enjoyable to have her there with me as we cruised up and down the isles.

Interesting fact:  I don't often get to go grocery shopping more than once a month and it's hard to remember what to stock up on.  For the past month and a half I have been able to go each pay check and it's amazing as to what kind of things we have needed to buy and then not needed to buy.  And it always ends up being about $150.  Which is awesome.  One time I was so desperate for dinner things, that's pretty much all I bought.  I totally forgot about breakfast items and lunch items.  The next time we still had dinner items to make so I loaded up on breakfast and lunch items.  This past time we still had breakfast items and dinner items left and I only needed to get some lunch items and then stocked up on my essential makeup and a few cleaning products.  I also noticed, the more you have in your cupboards of the basics, the more junk food you slowly accumulate.  Alaska has never had as much snack food as she does right now.  Usually I try to keep the goldfish crackers and the teddy grahams and the granola bars out because I feel them just as superfluous but as my grocery shopping has become more regular and I don't have to just spend money on the essentials I have found myself adding a box of something here and there.  We even have gogurt in the freezer right now as a special lunch treat which is something only my mom ever did for her.  A special grandma thing in the summer.

February 28th -

Steven had the day off so I took the chance of an opportunity to go get my Oregon drivers license.  I had to take the written test and didn't even think about studying for it, or, refreshing for it, until it was all like, "If a blind person gets to the intersection the same time you do and the light is green, what do you do?"  A,B,C or D?  Needless to say, blind people had better watch out when I am out on the road.  I got it wrong.  I passed though and when they went to take my picture the camera caught me right as I stopped smiling because I wasn't sure if it would ever really take the picture.  It also captured my crazy eye wonderfully because I was so concentrated on holding my head the way he had instructed me to I forgot to refocus my eyes.  It's pretty not awesome.

Went to the gym for a hour and half and Alaska went to the daycare while Steven went up to his house for shooting practice.  He came back and got us and dropped us off at the house for Alaska's nap.  And after that, I don't remember what we did.  I know he had a lot of scout stuff to do so maybe Alaska and I were just home?


No comments:

Post a Comment