Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 11th

March 11th

Pretty normal day.  Went to the gym, came home, Alaska took a nap while I made cookie dough to put in the fridge for tomorrow and we headed off to Hillsboro to do grocery shopping.  We didn't even really 'need' anything - but I did need ingredients for a few big events.  New Beginnings, a dinner for the missionaries and stuff for a potluck side.

Alaska and I stopped by Michael's before going to Winco and we picked up a few needed items so that I could get some craftiness made up.  I had printed a printable at one of the copy shops in town and needed a cheap-o frame with good glass that I could paint up to put it in.  I love shopping frames at Goodwill but sometimes it's a hit or miss and I really just wanted to get this project done.  Found my frame and got a good paintbrush to go with it.  Alaska did great to draw in the cart the whole time we were in there.  She has definitely upped her shopping skills since Christmas and I am beginning to think it wasn't practice that she needed but just some growing time.

Grocery shopping was grocery shopping, nothing too super about it.  The cashier did comment on how well Alaska behaved during check-out, though, despite the long wait.  I had given her a note pad and pen and she was concentrating very hard on making lots of little circles and lines.

We got back just in time to unload groceries before going back to Steven's work to pick him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment