Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 16 - 19

March 16th

Went to my parents for dinner and we had taco salad.  It was absolutely delicious and something I have been needing but with just Steven and I to eat a whole head of lettuce and two cans of beans and a can of olives takes forever.  I don't make it a lot because I am definitely not a left-over eater.

March 17th

Music class was small, again.  I have definitely gotten faster at getting there, not having to look at the directions for every turn.  We got there 15 minutes early so Alaska and I turned into an apartment complex and got out to play at their playground to use up some time.  I hadn't brought a jacket or anything and the slide was wet so I wasn't about to let her go down it.  She ran around a little and then told me she was cold and we went and got back in the car.  First time ever we have left a park because she was cold.  Maybe we should leave the coats off more often.  It's always me that is too cold to stay out longer than 10 minutes.

We made a little adventure by finding a Winco and then instead of turning around to go back the way I knew I just kept going, trusting that whatever road we were on would take us back to 1-5.  Not so.  It took us to 205 and dropped us off at the airport.  That was an extra half hour of driving that we spent in the car that day and I really wish I were not so directionally challenged.  We should have gone to IKEA while we were over there but I totally forgot.  We've only got two chairs right now but it is easier for Alaska to sit at a chair than for me to be always getting her in and out of the highchair. Great benefits of having growing children.

March 18th

John did his court of honor tonight.  It was combined with another boy from the ward and it was nice to have that many more people there to support both of them but it was a little longer due to that and we were all a little antsy by the end.  We were sitting next to a little boy with a video game and Alaska watched him play like it was a movie.  He was really sweet with her and even took the time to explain a few things to her about what was happening and all that.  It was nice to have something extra for her to do to keep her quiet.

Afterwards she found all the kids and ran to keep up with them, starting a game of chase all by herself.  She never actually said chase me or tagged anyone, but she would run up to a little girl her age and then run away, looking over her shoulder to be sure the little girl was going to follow.  It was really adorable watching her interact with everyone.

When it was time to go and we were looking for her someone asked what she looked like and one of the young men piped up, "The little girl with the bows."  Which is super ironic since that day Alaska had asked for bows in her hair all by herself.  All my insistence upon wearing bows and doing hair is paying off!  It happened one other time last week, too.  When we went to the park after her nap she reminded me that she needed her hair done before we left.  She's going to be alright.

March 19th

For mutual we made some healthy cookie bars and apple dip.  The girls seemed to enjoy it enough though it was a little big of a group to have everyone helping with something.






No comments:

Post a Comment