Sunday, March 2, 2014

February 22nd and 23rd and 24th

Feb. 22nd

The stake put on a youth activity day and my mom brought John down for it.  It doesn't make sense for them to go to the Rainier church to drop him off to ride in with everyone when the St. Helens building is the exact same amount of time away, just in the opposite direction.  She dropped him off and then came over to our house.

The house was a total wreck.  Like, bigger than ever before.  I had gotten such cabin fever that when I got a reason to go out, I took it and ran as far as I could for as long as I could.  Obviously there's a balance I am missing but looking back at my week it was busy and full and just what I needed.  I didn't even bother feeling bad about the house being a wreck and just embraced the idea that I was doing stuff.

Her and Alaska cleaned up Alaska's room and vacuumed and then moved onto the bathroom.  They went to the park while I finished up the rest of the house, including Kitty Kitty's closet.  Changed the litter box and cleaned his food bowl.  We were having a game night at our apartment the next night and I made sure to vacuum and sweep and mop and do everything super well since we would have extra people around.

When John got back from his activity we went out to frozen yogurt and I forget what happened the rest of the day but the house was clean and that's what really mattered.

Feb. 23rd

1:00 church and I are getting along much better than I anticipated.  I made treats for our party and got ready and got Alaska ready and we were able to walk out the door on time.  Which means we were mostly ready by 12:30 and were getting in the car shortly after since it's always the last minute stuff that makes us late anyways.  Like putting on shoes and packing the backpack and finding scriptures and stuff.

The party was set to start at 6 so that everyone could be leaving at 7:30 since we've all got littles that need to be in bed.  But, of course, no one showed until 6:10 and the real party didn't get started until 6:30.  We played a couple of games and had a good time.  I wish I could get the guts to do this more often.  Our apartment is small but by the time everyone is having a good time you can hardly tell.  We actually got asked by the missionaries to put it on.  They brought a few investigators and we invited a family from church.  It was fun to meet some new people and I loved it.  It was just like college but with more little kids running around.

Feb 24th

Music class went well.  There was a new little boy there named Enzo.  His mom was definitely more my age than any of the other moms and when she called him by his full name, Lorenzo, it all clicked into place for me.  Of course she was young like me, because she's Mormon!  And of course she's bringing her little boy to music class even though it's probably tight on their budget.  Because that's what us Mormon mommies value.  Music, learning, social interaction and everything awesome.  I didn't get to talk to her since we got there a little late and she left quickly afterwards but we shared lots of smiles between the two of us and I am excited to get there a little early this coming Monday to find out more about her.

I had plans to go to Target and return a few things and get Alaska a new outfit but missed the exit and so we continued on home after stopping at McDonalds for lunch.  She ate a whole hamburger by herself and fell asleep like she always does and I was able to put her down for a nap when we got home.






No comments:

Post a Comment