Tuesday, May 3, 2011

sold on KSL

I was taking a load of frames up to the cash registers yesterday because every once in awhile we have to hold frames for people. Like group projects where they need 21 of a certain size and color, or in this instance, all of the 20x30 shadow boxes that we had on hand. The customer had already cleaned out the surrounding stores and was still looking for three more. After excusing myself down the isle of crowded craft supplies and kids in shopping carts and moms hmmming and hawwing over if they should choose pink or orange I got called over the speaker to take line one.

"I just moved into my new home and the previous owners left some frames behind. Would you buy them from me?" I had to explain to the customer that we do our own custom frames and that perhaps she could post them on ksl. Well, there were two guys standing in the check-out line and when they heard KSL they perked right up and asked me what someone wanted to sell. When I gave them the answer of 'frames' they promptly asked if there were any 16x24s that she was trying to get rid of.

I was just going to ask when Steven's voice came across the wires, "Bahaha, it's just me." Funny. Not. So then I had to explain to the guys that it was a prank call from my husband, asking me what time I got off work that day. They thought it was hilarious. So I took myself back to the framing counter and the manager was all compliments about my husband. How he was so sweet to ask, "I am looking for a girl named Jessica. Brown hair, cute smile, do you know her?" I then had to tell how he had asked such a ridiculous question, in a woman's voice, when I had answered and we all laughed. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment