Monday, April 25, 2011

no holiday hater

I am no holiday hater, but I do have a really hard time decorating for something that is going to be out of style a day later. Namely, Christmas decorations, easter decorations, 4th of july decorations, halloween decorations and depending on how you do it, thanksgiving decorations. No one likes a rosy santa after the 25th. And I never really thought too much about it, but I am finding that the decorations really change the mood of the home and prepare one's mind to think of that of which holiday it is.

I skipped over easter. Bunnies and chicks have never really done it for me... unless they're real and you can hold them for hours on end. And pastels aren't my deal. And candy wrapped in pretty wrappers in the shapes of bunnies or eggs aren't what I enjoy eating. So we basically skipped easter all together. My sweet heart of a mother made sure that Steven and I had easter baskets, but that was the extent of it all. I have decided that I will do what I can for the rest of the holidays this year, but I think what I really need to motivate me is a child. They make everything so much more colorful. There's nothing like the excitement of a youngster to get you excited for something. I do enjoy a good easter egg hunt, but you can't get into one of those without some dirty looks if you don't have a child accessory. So, on the checklist for next easter is a child. And if that is not an option, than we need some sweetly awesome traditions to make this celebration of christ's resurrection a little more party-like. No more of this coming home from church and eating cereal 'cause it's convenient. And no more not bothering to set up some bunnies and jelly-beans. There is no excuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment