Tuesday, April 5, 2011

best kind of house plant


I have discovered it. The perfect house plant. No watering, no dusting. No maintenance what-so-ever. I had fallen in love with all of the tree silhouettes I had been seeing in blogland, especially the kind that start in the corner and then reach out over a bed or a couch. Renting puts a few holdbacks on my crafty side, but increases my creativity as I try to duplicate things that I love in a way that does not do any permanent changing to the walls. So I found a tree that I loved, sketched it a few times to get the feel of it, picked up some paint samples from two different WalMarts so as not to deplete anyone's supply of brown or green, whipped out my trusty painter's tape and went to work. When it was completed it was missing some color so I added some cutesy fabric birds and a little nest with bird stickers included. It is located in the corner so as to branch out to both sides of our empty, white walls. The next time I get myself to WalMart I will grab some more samples so as to make the branches crash into the ceiling, but for right now it works just fine as I figure out what else to do with our walls to cover up the asylum feel they give off currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment