Friday, May 20, 2011

A guy's apartment

Having dated my fair share of guys in college, I know that not all of them treat their apartments the same, but on the standard day you can find a sinkful of dishes, a threatening note about how dishes are like girlfriends, do your own, and some leftovers sitting on the stove with a floor that is sticky to the feet and a fridge that has some unmentionable things growing in there.

Just a snap shot.

That was totally our little house today. Minus the friendly reminder note. The only difference beyond that was the left-over rice that had been sitting on the stove for two days was not burnt to the bottom of the pan. I sprayed the whole thing down with 409, my BEST FRIEND in the cleaning department and started wiping. I use that guy for everything. Now that you can get high in the kitchen because of the 409 fumes I am starting on the bathroom, that I won't even mention for fear of losing readers. Since I have so many readers.

The floors everywhere are in desperate need of some tlc. Spring is not helping me keep my house clean. Number one, because of spring's tantrums, there are not only flip-flops and work shoes and regular shoes sprawled near the door, but winter boots and rain boots and high heels to keep my pants from dragging in the water, which I absolutely hate. Multiply that by two and you've got A LOT of shoes. And then, number 2, because the grass is now being cut, clippings velcro themselves to our shoes and it's just a huge mess. Number 3, there's a garden out there now that needs my attention and I can't spend my days off cleaning. I gotta be outside making our little home look good on the outside and making sure that my plants aren't being eaten alive by bugs and getting the water they need and all that.

And the living room. Ummm... whoever said 'eating only in the kitchen' was a genius. There are crumbs of everything that goes into Handsome Husband's stomach scattered all over the floor, and probably between the couch cushions. Everything is a little dusty and I've still gotta work through the kitchen and bathroom's floor before I can think about vacuuming. 'Cause there's nothing so annoying as cleaning one floor and then having stuff stick to you feet and transfer itself to the next room.

Basically, I have created a guy's apartment out of my little home and that will change, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment