Thursday, May 19, 2011

We've got them fooled

There is often once a week where Steven will drop me off at work and will later come pick me up. We only have one car right now and on his days off he feels that he needs to do important things, like run errands, instead of staying at home cleaning house as I always do on my days off.

A 30 minute commute is unheard of in these parts where everything is so close together and bound by a strip of freeway that cuts time in thirds so everyone knows me as the foreign girl, as I live so far away from the central location of Sugar House. When they see Steven drop me off valet style at the door or pick me up later that day by coming into the store to find me 'cause I am usually a few minutes late helping someone find that perfect shade of paint to fill up that ding on the back of their car, they think we are sooooo in love and sooooo cute together.

BAH! They don't really know that it's because of the fact that we only have one car and that with a 8 hour shift it's hard to wait for that one car to get back home to run errands with. But we really are in love. And we really do enjoy spending time together, especially in the car. Just something kind of nostalgic about it all, as it was a road trip that caused us to fall in love in the first place and another road trip that caused us to actually think about being together forever. Road trips are magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment