Saturday, February 22, 2014

Valentine's Day

Mmmmm, I just love me some Valentine's Day!

Put out breakfast for Handsome Husband, two pastries complete with two new t-shirts.  He's taken to only wearing white t-shirts these days and goes through them like candy because they get dirty so easy and then he doesn't let me know that I need to soak them or pre-treat so they end up getting stained.  I could just look, but usually a miss them anyway because the smudge happened to be in a fold while I was looking.

I got the pastries the day before and even though I got there at 7:20 am, there were still only three left!  I grabbed them all, since they are Megan's favorite, too.

Shirley was having a vintage sale that weekend and had asked if I had anything I wanted to add to her collection.  I am not about to give up a chance to get rid of stuff, or in this case, craft up some stuff.  I made a couple more chicken-wire frames out of frames I already had painted and ready to go.  It still took awhile and I thought I was done and ready to leave and then I remembered that I needed everything tagged and labeled.  That took way longer than I thought it would and we didn't get up there until 11.

Alaska and I hung out, looking at stuff and talking for about two hours before going back home because my mom was going to be coming out to give Alaska a little Valentine.  Megan was at the house when we got there and came in to get her Valentine and play with Alaska while the time ticked away her fifth period class.  It was nice to have her there, Alaska just loves her to pieces.  She had made me a little homemade Valentine that was so extra cute.

My mom got to our house and played with Alaska while we waited for David to get out of school so we could go get frozen yogurt.  One of our new favorite treats.

After yogurt I dropped by one of the young women's house to give her a Valentine.  I had made special treats for the girls for Sunday and knew she wouldn't be there so I dropped it off for her early.  I had one for her mom, as well, since she's the yw secretary and we chatted for about a hour before I left to pick Steven up for work.

He surprised me with a love letter that morning and then that evening he let me in on the other surprise.  His dividend check had come in and he had plans to spend it on a camera for me!  Best Valentine present ever!  Besides the year that he got me a diamond ring, of course.  We didn't do much celebrating since he had one of his rare Saturdays off the next day.  We did have a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphys complete with breadsticks for dinner.  I need to work on making some Valentine traditions.  Because we need them.  I guess we now have pre-valentine traditions of making cookies and crafting but maybe for valentine's day we need to have doughnuts and pastries for breakfast with some pink strawberry milk and candies scattered on the table with valentines at each spot.  And then for dinner the pizza seemed to work well but in order for it to be a party you have got to have soda.  Make a mental note for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment