Saturday, February 22, 2014

Celebrating Valentine's Day - 15th

The other part of my Valentine's gift for Steven was a session at an indoor shooting range.  I was prepared to go with him and we went in together.  Half way through the safety movie it said something about no pregnant ladies allowed.  I was almost relieved.  Guns really do just freak me out.  I don't care how many times someone can tell me that if it's not loaded it can't do anything and even if it is loaded, if you handle it properly, it won't hurt anything you don't want to hurt.  The shear weight of it freaks me out and I hate holding them and I hate shooting them and I hate pretty much everything about them.  But for Steven's valentine present I was going to go with him.  Because I know it's important to him that I shoot one and be comfortable with it and all that.

But then when he decided that because I couldn't shoot that he didn't want to shoot without me I started crying.  I had put so much thought into it and wanted him to do it that it hurt to think he wasn't going to do it just because of me.  Luckily it didn't take too much convincing to tell him that he should still go ahead and do it.  I waited in the car for 30 minutes writing down my criteria for a camera while he shot.

When we were through we went to a camera store to get a better idea of what was out there.  I was too nervous to buy anything but after getting home and doing some research I think I have decided on what will best fit our needs right now.

We checked at best buy and costco for some other camera deals and decided the camera store had the best rates because they could include a rebate in their prices.  Steven got an eye appointment at costco while we were there and we did a little more shopping while we waited.

Passing a kitchen kaboodle on the way through Tanasbourne we decided to stop.  It's a place I have always wanted to go but was never brave enough to drag Alaska along with me when I was passing it.  We made up a competition as to who could find the kaboodle.  Kaboodle meaning that if you had this one thing, you really did have it all.  I even forget what we found, each of us splitting up and looking through the store as fast as we could because we had a ten minute limit.  Steven ended up winning, but it was interesting to see how many potential kaboodles there really were.  A tomato knife?  As if you need a special knife just for cutting tomatoes.  And it came with a cute little butcher block looking holder.  Just another thing to take up extra space in a drawer if you ask me.  But I have decided that is the best place ever to find Christmas presents for women.  Lots of kaboodles to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment