Monday, February 24, 2014

February 16th

I was in charge of making treats for the young women and put together some valetine's for them.  Complete with paper bag, cute punch out with a couple of compliments stapled to the top and scotcheroos shaped into hearts and dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with Valentine colors.  They loved them!  And I loved putting them together just as much.

I was also teaching that week and the topic was 'our purpose of life' -  I have gotten quite fast at putting a lesson together and I had it planned and complete with a printed handout in about a hour.  This definitely means that I am getting better and more comfortable with the girls.  Knowing how much class participation I can expect from them and asking just a little bit more.  I try to let them do most of the answering and talking and figuring, because really, they all know the information, it's been review for them since Primary.  But sometimes I forget to get a little thought put together.  So if they don't remember what the lesson was about the week before, at least they remember the sweet feeling of the spirit they had as something that is true was testified.

Because last Sunday church has been cancelled and all plans were put on hold, we went up this Sunday to my family's house for Dorian's birthday dinner.  We had homemade breakfast burritos and I was pooped and ready to go home at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment