Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 4, 5 and 6

4th - Tuesday

Alaska and I finger-painted for the first time.  But apparently painting with fingers is too messy and she kept telling me which color to dip my finger into and smear on the page but when I offered for her to dip her own finger, she wasn't interested.  I got a paintbrush and she happily dipped it in red, green, yellow and blue before smearing it on the paper - each time.  By the end of the 45 minutes that this lasted ALL of her pages looked the same.  Blacky brown smears.  Something really cool about mixing colors that intrigues little hands.

We did a little shopping that evening after her nap.  Got some groceries and then ran out to the hardware store before picking up Handsome Husband from work.  I was looking for some mini-s hooks to use on a chicken wire frame that I made to hold necklaces.  They work brilliantly.

5th - Wednesday.  Made myself a busy day by having Brittany come over during Alaska's nap to finish up our chicken wire frames and then had to wake Alaska up from her nap to take her to a friend's house for a play date.  She played there for two hours but happily bounced out the door when it was time to go.  I know she had a good time because she wanted to show me everything that she had played with but I was extremely glad that she came with me so happily and without any tears.

6th - Thursday  There's a Mindy Gledhill concert tonight at the Columbia Theatre.  Two things that I never saw coming together, ever.  And it has been snowing non-stop all day.  We've got 6 inches now.  School was released at noon for all three school districts, Rainier, St Helens and Scappoose.  And people have been trying to sell their tickets to the concert on facebook all day.  It's such a mess.  I have no car right now since Steven took it to work and was planning on bringing it back to me at lunch.  But they aren't giving them lunches today because they're so busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment