Wednesday, April 20, 2016

You Want to Drive Someone Crazy?

Yesterday, a Tuesday, was a complicated one.

The alternative school needed me 9:30-1:30 and Steve had the day off. I dropped C off at school, ran to Walmart to get some things, headed off to work and Steven took Talmage and Alaska up to his grandparents to do some painting. Only, with Talmage not feeling well these past few days, he took some blankets to make a nest in the back of the car for Alaska and Talmage to hang out in if they needed. I thought that was a pretty good idea.

C has 2 hour visits with her mom every Tuesday, 2-4. Tamera had been a great help in running down to headstart to pick her up from school at noon and then took her back to her house to await the driver we are supposed to have to come get her at 1:30. At 1:45 no driver had shown up and I panicked a little. Tamera offered to bring C down to me at our house so I could get her to her appointment on time. At 1:55 I got a message from the office that there was no driver for C or her sister today and the case workers' supervisor was just leaving the office to come get them. I e-mailed real quick back saying that C was already on her way to the visit and we would see her there.

I drove to where I thought visits were and all the doors were locked. I called C's dad (long story as to why I have his number) and he gave me directions to where visits are being held now-a-days. We got back in the car and made it to visit just moments before the supervisor came in with C's sister.

It was 88 degrees and I was driving the car with no AC. Kenzie looked like a lobster coming into visit and her grandma gasped when she saw her, thinking it was sun burn. Which actually wouldn't be too far from the truth - that girl cannot spend half a hour outside without coming in pinker than pink.

You want to drive someone crazy? Alert them 5 minutes before a visit is going to start that there is no driver. It's stuff like this that just makes the best stories, hu?

No comments:

Post a Comment