Monday, April 18, 2016

Head Start

1.5 hours to get C signed up for Headstart.
2.5 hours for orientation

First day she was a wreck when she got home. Total stimulation overload. Everything was a big deal and if there was any suggestion made it was received with a howling fit.

She had worked so hard at holding it together all day, I could tell. When I came to pick her up, she was helping lay out forks and napkins for the next class' lunch. She was happy enough to come home, which was a relief to one of my bigger fears. It's a fear always tucked away in the back of my memory. Saying goodbye after those early visitations. Screaming. Stomping feet. Crying. I am most always on edge for it to happen again every time I pick her up from somewhere where I know she has had a good time.

By Thursday, she was acting like a normal child. Total normal child. Up and happy to go in the morning and pleasant after school. Not carrying on too much as I do her hair. Which takes exactly 5 minutes to comb out and then any extra minutes it takes to do a braid or clip in bobby pins to keep her wild curls out of her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment