Saturday, September 24, 2011

Who's a Bedwetter?

Handsome Husband and I are constantly having wars over who's towel is who's. My philosophy is, if it's there and it's dry, use it. His is a little more humane and he thinks that your towel should be your towel to get wet and dirty. Little does he know that when you step out of the shower you are the cleanest you will ever be.

I mean, let's face it. I am a girl, and I have hair that needs to be wrapped up in a towel outside of the bathroom. A towel that stays on my head until I am putting a shirt on and I have to unravel it from my head, only to pile it back on before I go make lunch or whatever is next on the agenda. My towels have a hard time staying in the bathroom, let alone finding their way back to the bathroom to dry and be ready for the next use.

Steven's, on the other hand, is always handy on the towel rack. More often than not it is dry and more often than not mine is nowhere to be found so I conveniently use his. Which, of course, would be no big deal if I could do it so that he would never find out. But he does. He's a great detective that way.

He's so responsible, he always checks for towel before he gets in the shower. He never has the problem of opening the shower curtain, dripping wet, and there being no towel except mine to be had anywhere. We have a hard time relating.

My towels never make it back to the bathroom because they are usually busy being dropped and forgotten in various places. Most often the bed and the chairs in the kitchen. And there are many times when there is a towel in both places because mine was forgotten and I couldn't very well traipse around the house dripping wet to look for it so I use Steven's and then forget that it's not mine to abuse and drop it someplace. It drives him crazy.

But, I always tell him that when I am gone, if I am the one to get to leave first, that he will miss having to re-live an easter-egg hunt every time before he gets in the shower. And then we get all solemn and he says that I am right, that he will miss it and that he loves me and I get a big hug and a kiss for leaving the towels out rather than a mad husband.

"Jessica, you have got to stop wetting the bed." And that is how I became our resident bed-wetter 'cause my towel would be on the bed, and instead of drying, it would be soaking into the covers and sheets. So, yes, I am a bed-wetter and it probably won't stop for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!! :)

    I can relate to Steven! I HATE it when Casey touches my towel because he always shaves in the shower and then his towel is covered with tiny hair. And I refuse to use that thing to dry off with because then I will be covered with tiny hair.

    Our towels are not even allowed to be on the same rack for fear of his spreading tiny, short hairs to mine. LoL!

    ReplyDelete