Saturday, September 3, 2011

Interesting Fact

Let's face it. When a girl needs to go jean shopping it takes quite a few tries to find the perfect pair. And usually then it's not even perfect, it's a bearable pair. It's a long, strenuous process of trying on jean after jean. Trying on the same jean in two different sizes getting a feel for which one fits better, lots of rotating in the mirror and trying on EVERY SINGLE jean style in the store trying to find the one that makes your bumski look decent instead of like a flat pancake taking up your rear-side.

And then, if you're a picky-picky like me you have to not only take into consideration what it looks like, but what it feels like. Not just on you, but the material itself. I like my jeans thick and tough. Not the bedazzled cloth that they call denim but I am pretty sure that it is only 'mostly' denim. So it's kinda hard 'cause you gotta step up your search. Which means AE and Hollister and the Buckle. Those are the only places I have gotten jeans in the past three years and it has been worth every single hard earned penny to get jeans that you feel awesome in.

I don't spend too much money on clothes. In relativity, lol. My wardrobe is made up of dozens of t-shirts from various second-hand stores in multiple colors left-over from when I went through a phase of having a shirt in every color. And then for dressy occasions I have a sweater in almost every color as well. But for jeans I will drop cold, hard cash. There's nothing that competes with feeling good in your own pants.

Yesterday I had a hour to kill before my hair appointment and so I wandered the mall in my utah state t-shirt and warm-up pants with my hair in a side braid with curls spilling out all over the place. Put a cowboy hat on me and I coulda been a jock rodeo girl. Otherwise, I looked just a little sloppy, lol. I was a little too self-conscious to go to the buckle by myself without a boy in tow so I headed to AE. I find it so interesting that people that tend to shop at expensive places always seem to be dressed so casually. flip-flops, jeans and some kind of sloppy shirt thrown on. Most of the times the jeans are skipped for sweats or something else equally unflattering. It puzzles me, but it's one of those things that you honor. You make yourself believe that they don't look like that every day because of the clothes that are being folded into a neat little bag with a big label on it. That they are so awesome that they don't care what people think and can shop in grungies 'cause they are going out to a hott date later that night. It's sick how we idolize people.

After checking out the denim selection there I passed onto a few other stores, finding jeans that were more glamorous but didn't have the same fabric quality. So back I went to AE and grabbed up four pairs of jeans, one in each size for two styles. I tried them all on, and you know what the interesting fact is that I found out? I was really nervous about slipping my booty into a size 12 'cause 10s always fit the best but they're often just a little long on me and make me feel unproportional... well... when you get into a size 12 the manufacturers figure out that size 12 doesn't mean taller, it means squatter, and the pant length fit perfect! Or will fit perfect after a washing. I couldn't believe it! It's like a magical transformation.

So, now with some bigger pants I think my love handles that appeared last week will fall back into some chubby back fat that will help me support this little girl in my tummy. I have already decided that I cannot get myself to get prego pants 'cause anything on my stomach besides a shirt makes me feel like peeling off all of my clothes. Which wouldn't be pretty for anyone. So I am going through this pregnancy with regular pants and regular shirts with extra large undershirts under to cover up any kind of unsightly skin. All the prego stuff is just so... big for people with womanly curves, ya know? I still have to shop in the junior section! There's no way I am swimming my way through some flowy, loose material made for a woman twice my size with boobs. No way.

The doctor yesterday said that I had a weight increase a little more than most, but that I still looked skinny and healthy. Which is a loud and huge underestimate. My first appointment at 16 weeks I was 140 lbs and an appointment 4 weeks later and I am 152 lbs. It's a huge shock when you have been the same weight for so long with nothing more than 5 lbs variance up and down, depending on the season. I guess that happens when your main liquid is chocolate milk and you aren't exercising the same as you used to 'cause when you do feel well enough to do 'stuff' there's a house that needs to be cleaned rather than a gym that needs to be gotten to. And when you're working full time you go to work and come home exhausted. It's not the best schedule to use. I love my days off, even though it seems like I usually use them as time to re cooperate and end up sleeping a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment