Friday, September 23, 2011

No Longer a Fatty

It's happened. I am no longer a fatty. My baby bump has emerged and yesterday was the first day that someone asked if I were having a boy or a girl! Finally! I have noticed people staring at me longer than usual, but I wasn't sure if it was because my pregnancy jeans were slipping down and not matching with my shirt or if it truly was because there's a belly where a flat stomach used to be.

In honor of such a momentous occasion I cleaned out my dresser and put all of my used-to-fit clothes in a basket in the closet and filed in the few prego things that I have randomly collected so far. They take up a whole half a drawer. My dresser is empty enough to close all drawers at once. This is highly unacceptable and there will be shopping in the near future. Thank goodness my mommy gave me a gift card to Ross specifically for this reason.

It was kind of sad putting away all of my collected clothes. 'Cause you know what I have decided? I don't look half bad with some extra poundage and could probably get away with being un-noticeably pregnant. So who knows if I will ever have the urge again to fit into the clothes that I could once call mine? Now I understand why my mom always wears shirts that don't hug her body that I always found disgusting. And you know what? I am ok with that. Which is even more disgusting. This is the weirdest thing ever, this pregnancy thing. But at least, for right now, I am no longer a fatty.

1 comment: