Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Painting and Flooring

I was so excited to get our house, to start fixing it up. Not necessarily to make it our own - but to literally make it livable and by that means, make it our own. We tore up all the floors one week and found three floors in the kitchen, two in the entry way and two in the dining area. The carpets were probably originals in the bedrooms and the carpet in the hall had been replaced once. It was some nasty stuff. 

I was so 'for sure' about which flooring I was going to put down after searching through pinterest and then found some nasty reviews on it later. So I don't suppose we'll go that route. Lots of people are using the flooring from COSTCO that snaps together - the luxury vinyl. They only have a few select colors, though, and none of them are what I am in love with. So we looked a little at Home Depot and have plans to look at the local floor covering store in our small town. 

Painting is honestly making me so nervous. I'm not super familiar with it - just know that it takes a lot of time. A lot of prep, a lot of time doing it, and a lot of clean-up. I am not super excited to get going on it. Steve is absolutely set on spray painting everything with primer - the Killz kind that keeps out oder and stains and prevents mildew. Not a bad idea, but it's one more step. And then I finally landed on a paint color called Hailstorm gray from Home Depot. It changes pretty dramatically in all of the rooms, dependent on the light - but all the changes are shades that I can deal with so we are moving forward. (3) 5 gallon buckets later. It's probably too much. Probably should have just done (2) 5 gallons buckets and a couple of gallon buckets. But it's done now. This whole thing. It just has me up in a tizzy and I can't even think straight while at the store. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica-Sounds like so much fun!!! We have been redo-ing our house ever since we moved in 5+ years ago! We're currently working on the kitchen. There are some nice lower-cost flooring places here in Vancouver that you might like and I've done quite a bit of painting so if you have any questions let me know. Best wishes, Rebecca Robinson

    ReplyDelete