Sunday, December 3, 2017

3 Months with Axton

Favorite Things: Your swing. You love this thing! And I love it. I can put you in it and you will instantly go to sleep. It is our secret weapon.

Special Talent: You love some tummy time. You don't even mind being left there for awhile.

Favorite Pastime: Eating. You are eating. A lot. Almost basically up to 8 oz a bottle.

Sleep: You sleep through the night and your naps are done in the swing. I can count on you for one huge one - so long as I keep that swing rocking. I can put you down in it and get Talmage set up for a nap and then take a nap myself and then when I wake up I can turn the swing off and you will wake up.

Crying: Never. Unless you have to wait your turn and you think it's an emergency. I do a good job of getting to you and not letting you get worked up. But when you do get worked up because I am taking care of someone else it takes you a hot minute to calm down again enough to eat. Because that's usually your problem. You think you are starving.

Dislikes: You love EVERYTHING! We thought Talmage was a chill baby. You make him look like high maintenance! I love, love, love you! You make being a mom that easiest job.

Likes: Being on the floor. I can count on you to be happy on the floor for a very, very long time. Your head is lopsided because for the longest time you have been looking to your left. And the gravity and your smushy skull has been no good for you. I have been trying to correct it by laying you down and then putting things off to your right shoulder for you to look at. Or even putting you in front of the couch so that your only way of looking out and about is over your right shoulder.

My Favorite Part: Your gray eyes. I have been waiting for them to turn brown - checking your eyes every time I feed you a bottle because I don't want to miss it. But they aren't. Right now they are a dark gray. A 'rain on the sidewalk' type of dark gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment