Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23rd

This month has absolutely flown by.  Glad that it has been so busy and full of life.  We're doing good things.

First of all, we jumped on the 'let's buy a house' train, once again.  This time in a much serious way.  We had our loan pre-approved and had an offer on a house all within a week.  That offer ended up being outbid, which was a blessing because A) I pushed Steven into and offered more than he wanted to and B) It wasn't in the ward we are currently in.  A week after that another house came on the market.  Steven seriously took way too long thinking about it and by the time we had seen the inside of it and decided to put an offer on it, it was sold.  It went on the market on Thursday and was sold by Saturday.  The houses in our range are seriously going like hotcakes.  Just two weeks ago there were 5 that we looked at and all but one are sold now.  It seems like house buying is such an emergency affair.  Our realtor sends me an address of a new listing, I beg Steven to come look at it with me when he gets off work and then we decide if we want to see the inside and then decide if we want to put an offer on it.  It happens so quick!

This time around it was so easy to get our paperwork in for the loan, too.  The guy had it all set up for us in just a matter of days and I had Steven step into high gear to get it all in.  I ended up putting 90% of the paperwork in, but it was nice to know that it was all there and not have to get frustrated with Steven for forgetting to ask for papers and stuff from work.  I just took care of it myself and it was super empowering.  It's really not that hard.

Right now we're just waiting for the next house to come on the market.  I am going to be in Utah next week and I really hope something comes on before then or after.  Not during.  Steven is such a stickler for rules and I know he would refuse to sign my name on an offer.  Which means we would have to wait and by then the house could be gone.  It's been an exciting process and has made this month go by so super fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment