Thursday, August 9, 2012

Toothpaste Etiquette

Handsome Husband and I rarely get ready for bed together.  I know, you say, "How unromantic!"  But seriously, we're avoiding cracked ribs and bruises in all seriousness.

You see, whoever is the last one in bed has to turn off the light.  I hate turning off the light.  It's always a big race as to who can get done brushing the fastest and out the door.  Believe me, I can brush my teeth the fastest.  Steven has to take his contacts out before he starts brushing.  Something about 'rule of the routine'.  But getting out of the bathroom?  That's another story.  I always always always get pinned against the mirror on the opposite wall and if I can get my hips out from around him my feet can't keep up and I get pinned against the door.  Then I am lost.  You can guarantee I will have bruises come the next day.  So then I take a last attempt chance at sneaking the other way and maybe landing a 'soft, playful punch' in the tummy for the blockade in my way and then one punch deserves another so I end up even more bruised and still not able to escape.  And I lose.  I have to hit the light.

Yesterday was a night where I was being sneaky and wasn't rushing my teeth brushing to get ahead and Steven didn't even know we were racing.  I won.  But only after getting pinned into a discussion about toothpaste etiquette.  I know, right?  Classic married problem.  Yuck.

But really.  I squeeze the paste from the bottom, put the cap on the toothpaste, clean my brush so it doesn't get nasties everywhere and I always rinse the sink after spitting.  Who could complain?

It wasn't good enough.  I wasn't putting the cap on tight enough.  Apparently there's air in the tube and if I don't create a seal then the toothpaste falls to the bottom.  I had no idea!  And I guess I do have a problem of twisting things on enough.  Which is why soy sauce was sprinkled over our whole fridge at one point.  I had merely twisted once instead of screwing it on.  I digress.

So, I learned some bathroom etiquette and beat Steven to bed.  All in a evening's work.

1 comment:

  1. Are you serious about the air and screwing lids on tight? Hmm. I bet that is the same problem with some of my squeeze tube lip stuff. How interesting!

    ReplyDelete