Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Seven Months with Alaska


Favorite Things: Pink painted toes.  You love them.  I'll be cooking dinner and stay still just a little too long and your little fingers have pounced on my toes before I know you're even there.

Special Talents:  You certainly didn't mess around with any kind of army crawling.  You are up and moving and getting faster every single day.

Favorite Pastime:  Following your momma around the house.  I can keep you quite busy just by moving room to room as I pick up and do laundry.

Nickname: Your sweet personality is starting to show through more than ever but you've got a strong will.  Right now you are most often called 'punky' as I scoop you into my arms after you have told me all there is to know about how much you hate going to bed at 7:30.

Sleep:  Thank goodness teething hasn't caused any problems to your night sleep.  I can still count on you sleeping 7:30 to 7.  Your naps are slowly coming back and you are ready at 9 and at 1 for a good mood booster.

Crying: I am pretty sure you bonk that noggin of yours every day and you cry a little each time.  You need more and more attention and let us know with little hyperventilated gasps.

Dislikes:  Food.  The first time I gave you anything in a spoon you swallowed like the good child that you are but clamped your lips shut tight and would back away if I came at you with a spoon again.

Likes: You still get baths in the sink and I let you play in the water until you get bored enough to start searching for things outside of the sink to play with.  You have been known to stretch yourself across the counter to grab a measuring cup.  You also like practicing with your sippy cup.  You can hold it correctly and get the right parts in your mouth but you still struggle lifting enough to get the water in the right place.

My favorite part:  You have so much energy and are so curious about everything.  When we go on car rides you are so anxious to get out that you push with your arms away from the carseat after I unbuckle you.

No comments:

Post a Comment