Friday, November 11, 2011

That Magic Feeling

I've got a feeling, that magic feeling. The one that penetrates your soul when you realize that you threw your work pants in the washer and dryer without checking the pockets and your awesome blog-writing ideas were scribbled on a now non-existent scrap of paper. My best ideas come while I am eating lunch in the break room so I write a few choice lines on a notebook I keep in my pocket for writing down important information, like how many sizes of canvases we have over 24x36 and all their prices for the customer on the phone who can't find the time to come in. Annoying. But useful to have something more than my hand to write on.

We've been kinda busy this fall season, making memories and enjoying our time together as a couple with no children while anticipating the arrival of a little someone. Finally our house decor will be able to be complete as I print picture after picture of our little miracle to cover our white walls. I've already got combinations stewing in my brain and they're fabulous. The one thing about baby pictures is that they never get old. They're a living room classic. At least until the next baby comes along, then you can't be playin' favorites so you gotta take a few down and re-do the family photo above the mantle. Simple things, really.

I've become obsessed with looking at baby pictures. The snugglier they look the better. Babies curled up in baskets, mini carriages, and propped just so on a pile of fresh linens have won my heart. SO adorable!

So beyond that magic feeling of despair as you realize now you have to go back and think up those great one-liners that are now caught up in the lint catcher of the dryer I am experiencing the magic feeling that reminds me that we've only got two months left until we get to welcome a beautiful girl into our life. 'Cause we all know that if she looks anything like me, she's going to be adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment