Thursday, November 17, 2011

Baby Belly

My fascination with photos started when I was looking for a wedding photographer. There were so many things to look at and notice about each photographer that it easily got overwhelming. Eventually we found someone within our price range and with work good enough to qualify to make me look like a model the day of my wedding.

When we found out we were pregnant I started looking at pictures again, this time concentrating on pregnant bellies and babies. I have found so many cute ideas on photographing a basketball belly that I worry I would use them all up on one pregnancy and then have nothing new for the next pregnancy. Although, I have got to admit. There have been some pretty scandalous maternity pictures show up on our computer screen. But we won't go there. I was looking for something a little more... less revealing. Who wants to see a belly button hole stretched to its max? My point exactly.

I found one local photographer who I thought would do a decent job. Her pictures were modest and cute, the props were just adorable! But, alas, her downfall was that you had to buy the prints you wanted... from her. Bummer deal when I plan on using a few photos on our baby shower announcement so that people in the ward can put a name with a face and a couple more for Christmas gifts. Shhhh, it's a secret. So I won't tell what I am doing with those photos, just that they will be gifted.

But then! A light at the end of the tunnel. Right when I had to be making my choice, a former roommate posted some pictures. And they were stunning. I am pretty sure the man in her portraits is a former FHE brother who went out on his mission looking a little like a mouse and ruffled his hair all the time and he came back a stud! Well, at least she made him look like a stud. So I used the amazing power of facebook and summoned her help for some maternity pictures. I am super excited because she does an awesome job at capturing light and emotions and angles. She's really great. And her prices are really great, and you get your own picture CD! Double really greatness.

And then, as if it couldn't get any better than her saying yes to my suggestion of a date to do these photos, a friend of hers is doing a giveaway of a photo shoot with her! Ummm.... yes please! I mean, I realize nothing comes for free. I would still have the deep knot in my heart to mix her up some of her favorite heaven globs (no bake peanut butter cookies). Seriously, I made them once and they were gone in 15 minutes. That girl can put down some sugar and oatmeal. Anyways, if you would like to enter the giveaway, check out this website....


And also check out Bethany's website...

http://throughthewindowphotography.tumblr.com/contactme isn't that the cutest name for a photo blog ever?!

No comments:

Post a Comment