Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Swimming Pool

I always see moms posting their weekend adventures on Facebook. Grand, fun adventures. And I wonder where they get the energy. Where they get the patience. Often, by the time the weekend comes around, I am so pooped it's all I can do to get a little house cleaning done.

Well - I am going to let you in on a little secret. It is easier to have four kids out of the house doing something fun, adventuring, than it is to have four kids in the house going crazy on each other and wrecking the place apart as they play game after game.

We went to the pool. I have never been to the pool with kids the 4 years that we have lived here. D wanted to go and we were invited by Alaska's friend so I went ahead and braved everyone getting into suits and the whole thing and went.

It was a big deal. As much as I tried to play it off as a small deal. We went in our suits and took a bag with numerous underwear and I made sure everyone was wearing something quick to slip on and off. Dresses and flip flops for the win. Talmage had shorts and t-shirt with sandals.

We got there around 10:30 and I thought we would be done in a hour or so, but we weren't. I had to drag them out at noon-thirty because I was majorly done. I think I did really good to last even that long. Warm pregnancy blood running through me definitely was a plus. Usually I am turning blue after 10 minutes.

The girls did a good job playing together. Alaska has definitely gotten more confident in the water than the last time I had seen her swimming and D helped with that. E clung to the side of the pool and hovered by the stairs while Talmage jumped off the edge into my arms. It will be a big day when I can have kids in the water without having to be in the water with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment