Friday, June 23, 2017

First Week of Summer

Time just keeps running. And I prefer it that way. Gives me less time to hurt about these two girls leaving us. They have been at the mom's house that is going to have them come July 1st the past two Sundays and I just keep on getting all teared up and having a chokey throat. Two kids. It's such a small number. It's relaxing. And four. Four is fulfilling.

Like I said, it's easier to keep them out of the house than in the house so we've been doing some pretty outrageous things. Like the zoo and a hike around lost lake and the children's museum and lots of days after school at the park when it's been nice enough.

And now, school is out. Summer. And it's like our little hearts have just been waiting and waiting and now we're going super-speed full ahead! No filtering.

We have a week planned at my mom's house. Our first whole week of summer will be spent out there, doing swimming lessons at the pool and eating the free lunches they have at the school and then who knows from there. The canvas is open.

This week berry season started. I did a delivery on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and was absolutely worn out by Thursday evening. 75 flats, 45 flats and then 80 flats. Which. Of that 80. I had 7 that were homeless for awhile there and finally started giving them out like candy. There was no way I wanted that many berries to process at the end the night. I even basically payed a lady $2 to take one! She had come to get one and needed change and I just let her take the second flat instead of giving her change, even though she was $2 short. I lost money on that one. But the rest were fine - striking a little over even.



No comments:

Post a Comment