Tuesday, April 25, 2017

C's transfer

I left off with some worry about C's things that are hers, but that she doesn't necessarily care too much about. I mentioned it to dad and he's all like, "Oh, we've got a storage unit. We can just put it all in there." And so we did. Two huge bags of things I am no longer in charge of. It was literal weight taken off my shoulders.

C's transfer went as smoothly as possible. She has visit on Fridays, spends the night at her grandma's that night, and then comes home on Saturday evening. With that weekend being easter, things were a little heightened, I am sure. But instead of coming back to Kellie's Saturday evening like would have usually happened, she came back Sunday, late afternoon, after spending Saturday night and Sunday day with dad.

I was over at Kellie's house on Saturday morning, hanging up a couple of fabric banners I had made to decorate the girls' room. A mermaid one for sister and a unicorn one for C. C had been watching me make these banners all week and was extremely excited to have them in her new room. I also brought some things from her and Alaska's room to hang up. Her special letter for her name that I had painted and covered with sparkle paper, a chicken wire frame and a unicorn quote from a pack of paper that I plan to use for her scrapbook.

Knowing how hard it is to change rooms, I made up a gift bag with a magazine, coloring book, gum, and loads of candy for Kellie's son that had to move downstairs. I know that if he had refused, this whole plan would not be going forward and I was so extremely grateful to him.

Kellie's daughter also got in on the action, because of a far distant memory I have of David being adopted into our family. We had a baby shower and everything was blue and baby and for him or my mom. Until I got to a present from one sweet lady that was just for me. At the baby shower. It was sweet relief to not be left out of all the celebrating and I remember how much enjoyment and surprise I got out of having something for me amongst all that blue and baby. I made her daughter a fabric banner, too, of horses, and put together a chicken wire frame super quick for her to have in her room.

Picked C up from school on Monday and it didn't really feel any different than normal. Even if she had been with us, still, she still would have been at dad's for easter. So really, all I missed, was the fight we so often have as I do her hair and the last minute drop-off at school at 8. It seems so early compared to Alaska's drop-off of 8:45. C's hair especially infuriates me. She loves having it done, and I love doing it, but she throws a fit every single time about me pulling too hard or in the wrong places. I guess I would have given up long ago, except that she really does ask every single morning for something to be done with it and is so often happy with the end result. It's just those agonizing minutes of actual braiding or smoothing that get her riled up.

C went down for a nap, just as expected, slept for 1.5 hours and was up by the time I needed to go get Alaska. Everything was going like clock work.

Alaska was rather dismayed to have C in the car at pick-up, "But I thought she was going to Kellie's?". We are all kind of worn out. But we pushed through, knowing that next week we will be more refreshed and be more excited. (hahahaha, I am writing this exactly a week from that Monday and you would be appalled at what is coming next in our life that we had no idea about. The beauty of hindsight.)

Not sure what we filled that last little bit of time with before dance, but something, and then I was happy to have Steven's mom come and get the girls for dance. C's attitude was much better and she was compliant with minimum reminders. I was grateful to be riding a little bit on Kellie's honeymoon period that these kids so often have upon being put in a new location.

Sent C with a bag and instructed her to change at the studio back into her street clothes so that I can keep the dance things at our house. One less thing to worry about transferring.




No comments:

Post a Comment