Monday, February 6, 2017

Alaska Musings

Alaska has been the absolutely most cutest about having a new baby in the house. She is so super excited and is for certain that it is going to be a girl. Named Sparkle Flower but most commonly called, "The Little One." and when I haven't seen Alaska all day she gives me hugs and kisses and then a hug and a kiss for 'The Little One'. She is just so darling about the whole thing.

Alaska also knows that her most important part of being a bigger sister is to make sure that Talmage and C don't step on the baby. Which she is very concerned about, especially C. I guess she knows at what speed C hurtles herself through life and her very careless attitude toward objects of any kind. I would fear for the baby, as well. A little grateful we don't have to entertain that idea of having both of them together.

I have an ultra sound set for tomorrow for measurements. I hope they can kind of see what is happening in there. A boy or girl. But even if they did, I know I wouldn't be able to get my hopes up until the 20 week ultra sound.

Lately Alaska has enjoyed cutting. Cutting anything. I just found a coloring book with 5 or 6 pages ripped out and the pictures carefully cut out and stacked in a pile. She is really good at cutting straight on even curving around lines and not chopping through the whole thing.

I think I take a lot of her accomplishments for granted. Even a couple days ago, my mom was here watching them while I went to a Love and Logic workshop and when I got back they were reading Junie B. Jones. Alaska was able to give a good, solid prediction for what was going to happen next in the story and my mom is all like, "Jessica! Did you hear that?! That is so good!" And I would have had no idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment