Thursday, September 4, 2014

One Month with Talmage

Favorite Things: Bum pats.  Nothing a little bum pat can't make right.

Fancy Tricks: Being so calm.  You are so super relaxed and easy-going.  A lot of patient persistence on your part has to be done for nursing and you have been doing great.  It helps keep me calm when you aren't going berserk which makes us a great team.  I'll keep calm if you keep calm kind of thing.

Favorite Past Time: Snuggling on my chest.  We were just looking at pictures the other day and there is a photo from our first day home.  Me in the red chair with you tucked up under my chin and your daddy says, "And that is how he slept.  For the rest of forever."

Sleep: You got yourself on a pretty predictable night schedule right fast.  10 pm 12 pm 2:30 am and then a long stretch to 7 or 8 am.  Then again until 11 am.

Crying:  You fuss before going to sleep.  Someone has to be holding you.

Dislikes: Sleeping anywhere but on my chest.  We spent a long 5 weeks in that chair every night.  I just couldn't bare to set you down and make you cry when you cry so rarely.  Such a simple thing I could do for you to keep you comfortable in this big world.
Likes:

The best part for me: Watching your new-born face sleep.  I took a picture of what I see, looking down on your little dark head.  And it's not a whole lot, but it's precious to me, especially as I feel you breathing into my neck.

I love you so absolutely much.  And not to say that I love you more, but it is easier to love.  I feel more in control.  More like a momma.  Less like a care-taker.  All the worries I had with my first baby are eased away for you, I have proof that things are going to be ok, and that makes more room for easy love.

No comments:

Post a Comment