Thursday, September 4, 2014

2 months with Talmage

Favorite Things: Warm bottles.  I was hesitant to give them to you so warm but you love them so.  They are often warmer than what I would think you would want but you gobble them down like dessert.

Special Talent: Smiles.  Lots of smiles.  You are lifting your head so super high during tummy-time and are already testing a little roll-over action.

Favorite Pastime: Playing tea set and fake food.  Alaska will help you drink from your cup while you are laying on the floor and will feed you plastic hamburgers.  You absolutely love it.  You are strong enough to turn away if something is bothering you, but you patiently embrace all the attention she gives you by pressing things to your lips.

Sleep:  Down at 10 pm, up at 2:30 am, 6 am and 10 am.  Like clock-work.

Crying:  I am absolutely paranoid about your being full after our whole nursing fiasco and whenever you cry I am reaching for a bottle.  Doesn't matter if you just ate a hour ago, it is my first go-to and I don't even try to figure out what you need until I have tried that first and it doesn't work.

Eating:  We have you on all formula now.  You eat a lot.  But I don't care.  I am just relieved that you have made it through without getting on the 'failure to thrive' list.

Dislikes: The swing.  Can't get you to stay there for anything.  You always end up on the floor.  Which I was nervous about with Alaska running around.  She is super careful and you do a good job of staying in one place so we've settled on a safe place for you and she knows not to be bouncing around near your space on the floor.

Likes: Being on the floor.  You love being able to squirm around and look where you want.

My Favorite Part:  I love that you are so content to entertain yourself.  It was a hard first month to always be holding you close and I am reveling in the piece that has come next where you are content to just be by yourself on the floor without someone watching you smile and cooo.  You'll do it all on your own for your own enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment