Thursday, September 26, 2013

Where We're Supposed to Be on Sunday

Today we had our first major melt-down at church.  Alaska was having a hard time keeping quiet, aka, whimpering and whining and nothing could be done to make her stop.  Not even fruit snacks.  The ultimate measuring stick of unfixable unhappiness.  Handsome Husband took her out to the foyer where she screamed and cried for 15 minutes until he took her home to bed.  I guess she kept crying, "Momma." and wanted to go back into sacrament meeting.  Which is good.  We've had to take her out less times than I can count on my hand because we do whatever it takes to keep her quiet and in our pew.  I want her to know that sacrament meeting is where she needs to be and it's a time to be reverent.  Today's episode has confirmed we have succeeded.  The little fact that she wanted to be back where she knows she's supposed to be instead of roaming the halls.  Made my heart smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment