Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Table that Started it All

I will always owe a big hug to my kitchen table.  The excitement of having our very own table to make memories around was so overwhelming it acted as the pushing point to create a blog.  Weird, right?  But I am so grateful I have all of my best memories recorded and I am so grateful to that table of mine for giving me the umph to get it started.

Well.  A long time ago when we got that table, I knew it would look best in blue.  And this week, it's turning blue.  I've got it all primed up and am seriously addicted to painting at this point.  Nothing in our house is safe.  And may I just add, it makes a big job so much smaller if you're able to paint two things at once.  Paint one, and while the other is drying, paint the other, do a little cleaning and shebaam, time for a second coat already and my interest hasn't failed yet.

I was actually working on a second project, instead of painting a second object, although, now that said project is done, it's time to come up with another object to paint.  I just don't want to turn into one of those gals that has a gallon of paint and everything she paints is painted out of that bucket so that there's a blue kitchen table in the kitchen, a blue side table in the living room and another blue night-stand in the bedroom.  I am writing this right now so that I do not become that lady.  No way.

My project was one of those bow-clip holders for a friend who is having a baby girl in September.  I love them so much and still have yet to make Alaska one.  But maybe, with the extra fabric from this one, I'll come up with the courage and energy to create one for the most important girl in my life right now.  Goodness knows we need one.  Her bows are scattered throughout my bags and purses as she tears them out at church in the grocery store.  She's got a near bald spot on one side of her head that we have remedied with pigtails instead of side ponytailes.

Thank you kitchen table, for being amazing and letting me paint on you.  You, too, will soon look fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica I love reading your blog, it's been fun to follow along as your family grows and you go through changes.
    I have so many painting projects-I don't know where to start-come on over if your still in the mood to paint!

    ReplyDelete