Monday, August 19, 2013

Taking Back Summer

I know I'm not going to school anymore and we have a few more years yet before Alaska Paska makes her debut into kindergarten but it just seems that after 17 years of a life revolving around a school schedule that starts after labor day, summer has an end.  And I'm taking it back.

We had a smashing beginning of summer with our trip to Utah and then we got back and things got a little mellow around here.  The really hot days caught me off guard and after spending so much of the spring at the parks I couldn't get used to the heat outside where the slides were too hot to go down and the play equipment Alaska wouldn't touch without saying, "hot, hot."  We started going out at 4, but even now, with the bulk of summer heat pounding on us, 4 is too hot.  And by 6, I am ready to be in for the night cooking dinner.  I'm ready for some big things to take back summer and send it on its way with a fall bucket list.

Our 'end of summer' bucket list includes:

Playing outside at 7.
Eating each of the entrees at the Thai trailer.
Making zucchini muffins.
Family photos.
Getting stuff in the mail for my Oregon teaching license.
Crafting 3 projects to sell.
Starting a collage journal and to practice.
Getting icecream at dari delish.
Thrifting down commerce in longview at my own pace.
Eating a burger and malt at the burger place on the corner of commerce.
Nights on the River

I'm not going to let summer slip through my fingers.  We're taking it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment