Saturday, November 24, 2012

That Good of an Idea

We were invited to a wedding reception.  Steven's cousin's wedding reception.  And if you go to a reception, you have to have a present to go with it.  I found it's the easiest way to make money ever.  Send out a wedding announcement that costs 50 cents if you're me and $1.79 if you're someone else.  The return is a card with most often $20 folded inside.  Personally I would prefer an envelope with $23.64 inside, forget the card and just tack on the extra dough.  You would be saving the receiver a lot of stress and worry.  No one really wants to keep 100 cards around after their wedding, but the guilt is just too much to just toss them. Save them the anxiety I say!

But really, gifts.  We weren't organized enough to get to either target or bed, bath and beyond for a gift card, let alone walk in to look at their registry and go grab a specific plate or throw pillow.  Nor did we have the foresight to think of getting any kind of gift until we were on our way to the reception.  It's just the way life works.  We will know we have hit maturity when we have the gift purchased and wrapped three days before the reception.  That is going to take awhile.

We also had to make a costco run before heading on our way.  And when I say run, I mean literal run as Alaska and I sit in the car and Steven sprints in like Jesse Jackson and throws a few needed things in a cart while I wait in the parking lot.  Not parked, mind you.  I am literally sitting in an isle that doesn't have a lot of traffic waiting for Handsome Husband to make his grand appearance.  I then proceed to meet him in front of the store while cars back up behind me as he throws everything into the trunk.  *Everyone was really nice about it, and then as I looped around an isle to leave they all honked at me.  Thanks.

My idea going into all this was that Steven would grab up one of those huge containers of licorice for them to take on the honey moon with them.  You know the kind.  The one that you take to girl's camp with you and lasts the whole week even with 24 girls eating out of it.  He forgot it.  He forgot all about getting a gift.

I thought we would just get going on our way since we were running late as it was.  Apparently it was that good of an idea, though.  Steven rushed back into the store to get it, coming out with reeses instead because apparently there are a lot of licorice lovers out there on a saturday night and all the licorice was gone.

It wasn't wrapped and it was bright orange.  It looked really good among their other gifts.  No card.  But we did have the decency to tape some scrapbook paper to it with our needed information.  You know, instead of writing on the box with sharpie.  I thought it was a step up.

No comments:

Post a Comment