Tuesday, November 20, 2012

10 Months with Alaska

Well, Punky, 10 months together and you are your very own person.  Lots of tricks came out of the woodwork this month and I am so happy to call you mine!

We've also known each other for equal amounts of time inside and out.  I can't believe it was you gently kicking little bubbles against my outsides from the inside, you have such strong opinions about how things should be done.  Our power struggles continue, however.  When you were on the inside you would push against me at times that would cause me to say, "Hey, stop that.  Stop that right now."  And I would most definitely push you back.  It always reminded me of kneading dough.  Your little bum would stick off to one side and make my belly a little lopsided and I would pat you back in to place.

Now we're constantly struggling over who should hold the spoon when you eat and which cupboards you get to climb into.  And believe me, soft-spoken as I may be, I am just as stubborn as you are.  We've had many arm wrestles over spoon handles and you are stronger then you know.  Those times that I get it away from you, believe me, it was with all the muscle mass I own.  Sometimes I have to cheat and uncurl your fingers.  And those times that I give in and get a second spoon so we both have one are the times when I am picking my battles.  I love you so much!  You are a little ball of personality and I will be your proud momma standing behind you as you accomplish so much good in this world.

Favorite Things:  Reading books.  You will take time out of your busy world of exploring and curiosity to sit still for long minutes at a time turning the pages of your very own cardboard books.

A Month of Firsts:  First steps!  You took 5 steps out from the windowsill yesterday into the oblivion of the living room.  No real aim, your little legs just took off without you.  And you didn't seem to mind so much.  Which is the way it usually is.  I don't think you even know what's going on, just that you're moving a little faster toward what you want before you trip.

Remember When:  You figured out all about shaking your head 'no'.  Even though that's not what it means.  It's your way of dancing.  And it looks ridiculous and is so cute all at the same time.  We had stake conference and we all got up to sing the rest hymn and there you were in your daddy's arms, shaking your head like crazy like you were rocking out to One Direction.

Special Talents:  Opening up drawers and cupboards on the first try.  Most especially in the bathroom when I am getting ready.  I can always count on you to strew tampons all over the bathroom.

Favorite Pastime:  I would most definitely say shopping.  Which is really nice since 'tis the season for shopping.  You just love watching people and don't even care so much any more if they pay attention to you, just so long as you can watch them.  Your happy attitude lasts much longer in a store filled with people then if we go to a boutique where there are not so many people.

Sleep:  Your bed time is still 7:30 but I could see it easily slipping to 8 in the near future.  You will take a two hour nap at least once a day and on Fridays twice.  Guess I wear you out during the week.

Crying:  You let us know what you want and sometimes I just ignore it and you stop and get interested in something else.  Thank goodness.  Your daddy noticed and has decided to take on sign language with you since he can't stand you being whiny about things that you want.

Dislikes:  When I won't let you get into the DVD cupboard.  It's a constant battle since the entertainment center is made of oak and the screws for baby proof latches won't screw in.

My Favorite Part:  Your cheese smiles.  They are so dang adorable and uber cheesy.





No comments:

Post a Comment