Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Momma I Want to Be part 1

Remember my woes of being a stay-at-home momma?  How it was getting a little dry around here and my self-worth was depreciating like ants on a sugar stick?

Well, she-bam, she's back! Well, almost back.  I still need to do a few personal things.  New wardrobe.  New hair.  New system of getting out of bed.  New bit of craftiness.  But things have been looking up, my friends.

I offered to switch babysitting hours with a couple of mommas and now have 4 hours a week that are JUST MINE.  And I am looking for one more to split time with.  This means Alaska has a play-date every single day, which is fabulous for her since she loves them so much!

My most favorite, though, is getting to watch my cousin's little boy three days a week.  Believe me when I say that watching two kiddos is much more fun and fulfilling then watching just one.  Which is a big step for me since I was almost convinced that Alaska would be any only child.  Pregnancy is no good.  No good at all.  But babies, babies are ok.  The best?  Toddlers.  Yes, the best.

He is such a sweet-heart with more energy than could be corralled in a house of monkeys.  But more about that later, this post is supposed to be about me and how I am trying to get awesome back.

My resume of activities:

Mondays: Watch Elijah until 2:30 and then Zumba at 8:45.  I know.  It's late.  Most of the time I am too tired and would much rather go to bed.  But I put on my purple kool-aid shoes and strap myself into the car with a water bottle and don't return until said water bottle is empty and I have sweat streaks on my forehead.

Tuesdays: Watch Elijah until 2:30 and this week Chloe is coming over to play while her momma goes to a doctor appointment to check up on Chloe's soon-to-be-born brother.

Wednesdays: Water aerobics at 9am.  Alaska will go to Ethan's house and play for a couple of hours.

Thursdays: Watch Elijah until 2:30.  Interior Design at the Davis High School at 6:30 pm.

Fridays:  Alaska and I have together.  We usually spend the day in our PJs and practice eating baby food.  Or eating cheerios off the ground.  *Note to self: find something more productive to do with this day.

Saturdays: Water aerobics at 8am.  Alaska goes to Chloe's house to play for a couple of hours.

Throw in some visiting teaching, a couple hours for me to re-pay Ethan's mom by watching him and I am just about set to be awesome again!

Oh, and I also found that it is helpful to always be reading a book that I can talk about.  Interesting things.  Like about how the brain works, how the atonement works or something else educational.  While Nicholas Sparks is so much fun to read I have got to stop my 'dessert reading' which is what books like that could be called.  Not too much to talk about other than a little sugar of something light to read.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but I totally teared up reading that you love watching Elijah. Seriously, what more could a mom ask for...besides being able to stay home herself. You are the next best thing. "He is such a sweet-heart with more energy than could be corralled in a house of monkeys." Lol. Perfect description. I think I'll quote you on that. :)

    ReplyDelete