Monday, September 24, 2012

8 Months with Alaska


Favorite Things: The fridge.  You will hear it open from around the corner and put on your turbo-charged crawling pace to get there before it closes.

Special Talents: Cruzing along the couch, the chair, anything that will hold you up.  You've started to lift yourself from the ground in a stand and when you are up-right you look a little startled as to how you got there and sit back down carefully.

Remember When:  We were so excited the first time you stood up we cheered and clapped and scared you enough to make you plop down and shed a few tears on the floor.

A Month of Firsts: Your two bottom teeth are in and almost lined up.  The left is still a little lower because it didn't get the head start.  I didn't even know you were teething until I went to reach in for a piece of leaf that you love putting in your mouth when we're outside and felt something hard and nubby on your gums.  That doesn't make me a bad mom, that makes you an awesome little girl to not be grumpy when you've got teeth popping in.

Favorite Pastime:  Climbing stairs.  You love it.  And you're good at it.

Nickname: Alaska Paska most times, Punky others.

Sleep:  To bed at 7:30, up at 7:30.  You are ready for a nap at 10 and again at 1.

Crying: When you are hungry.  I've gotten kind of busy and you usually need to remind me to feed you.  You love kisses and don't cry too long when you bump a head or smash a finger.

Dislikes:  Baby food.  We're still mostly struggling with that.  You will sit on my lap and eat two or three spoonfulls and refuse any more.  In the high chair you are only interested in one or two spoonfulls.  If we do that 5 times a day we can get through half a bottle of baby food.

Likes:  Play dates.  You have gotten so lucky!  I am watching my cousin's little boy three times a week and you LOVE following him around.  I have also started water aerobics and trade babysitting hours with a mommy in the ward.  You love going over there to play.

My favorite part:  I am your favorite person right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment