Friday, June 17, 2011

Definitely did that

Even in college I noticed this specific trend. Where a whole casserole pan or spaghetti pot would be stuck in the fridge. The leftovers being too large to splice up into leftover dishes, the whole dish was put in the icebox. And then one would just continually pull out what was needed for lunches and dinners and what not until the thing was consumed. But then, a person is too much in the habit of just being able to put the dish back in the fridge instead of cleaning anything and habit prevails even when the dish is empty.

Steven has done this to me a few times, where I think there are more leftovers than there are, and then to my surprise, there are really NO leftovers, just an empty, dirty dish sitting in the fridge. No fair.

We rarely make dishes of this size because I have a hard time eating left overs and it takes Steven a few days to get through a dish on his own and by that time I am wondering if he should really be eating it 'cause among his food habits he has a talent for leaving things out for long amounts of time that should be directly refrigerated.

But I digress. This post is for confession. I definitely did that. I took the last of the lasagna and put the lid back on the casserole dish and placed it gently back in the fridge. Now, my reasons are different. I didn't have time to wash it up and I didn't want to leave it out to get dry and crusty so that washing it would become impossible and I wasn't about to leave water in a stoneware bake dish for more than half a hour. So, there. I have my reasons.

However, it did fill me with great giddiness when Steven went to get food out for dinner, pulled the dish out, and found it empty. Bahaha, I am so sneaky.

1 comment:

  1. You are so sneaky! Even the sneakiest as you added that dish to the dishes I washed. ; ) lol

    ReplyDelete