Thursday, January 1, 2015

She's Still Got It

26. The magic age that years start to feel not so long.  6 months. The magic amount of time after having a baby that I feel like I can conquer the world, again.  I might be able to do this, after all.

Days hold lots of smiles and memories, punctuated with pictures.  Weeks fly by, measured by Sunday lessons taught and days spent at the gym.  And the months.  They add up with days of substitute teaching counted and students I have met.  It's a good life right now.  Maybe in an apartment that is too small and a car that is even smaller, but it's good.

We went to a new year's party last night.  A 1920s murder mystery.  The most fun part: dressing up.  I scoured a couple of thrift stores before settling on what was once the most ugliest piece of clothing invented.  But it was sparkly and that's what I needed.  And, guess who pulled off 'Best Dressed' for the night? Yeah, this girl right here.  I've still got it.  Take that.  And I was able to do it modestly, neckline, sleeves, and length.  You can do that when the piece you originally start working with is a long sleeved, floor length, turtle-neck.  I have the before and after pictures to prove my awesomeness.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment